Thursday, November 09, 2006

Two more Creative Error messages (Only for HashThySelf Mobile)

These were written by ourselves :-) following in the footsteps of our original contributors to the Web-based service). These two new messages were needed because of mildly annoying hurdles imposed by the carriers upon developers. On first-use (assuming application permissions are set to "ask on first use"), the J2ME client will ask for permission to use the camera and access the net. If you deny either, then one or both of the following messages pop up.

CAMERA ACCESS REQUIRED

Thy camera I seek to use
Thy likeness I seek to capture
Thy trust, fear not, I sha'nt abuse
Thy results shall bring you rapture

Until thou grants permission
To snap thy still pictures
My program I cannot comission
To use thy cellphone's fixtures.

- Thy Faithful Zetamaton


INTERNET ACCESS REQUIRED

I need to use the Net
To send thy lovely likeness
But it seems that thou hast set
Permissions to deny me access

Dear patron, return'st please
Enable me a Network link
Thereafter problems will cease
To hinder our search, I think.

- Thy Faithful Zetamaton

No comments: