Thursday, November 09, 2006

On Data plans for cellphones

To use the HashThySelf Zeta application on your cellphone, you obviously need to have a data plan with your carrier. I find Cingular to be pretty good in terms of coverage and speed, but it charges $19.99 per month for a data plan because, I'm told, it bundles the "use your phone as a modem for your laptop" feature, which I hardly ever use. After all, aren't we all perpetually in one WiFi zone or another?

In contrast, T-Mo offers a data plan (unlimited Internet browsing via the phone only) for just $5.99 (at least as long as this link is active)

Check it out. Once you have a data plan on your phone, not only can you have fun with HashThySelf and the upcoming Zetangole Mobile party game, but you can also use the ever-so-cool Google Maps on your phone (which has gotten me unlost more times than I can remember)

A. Hasher

No comments: